No video on Win7

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

GaryA

No video on Win7

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Hello,
I have a Decklink SDI card that was installed on an Windows XP operating system. Everything was working fine but I needed to upgrade to Win7. The drive was completely reformated and a fresh install of Win7 was performed. But now I can't capture any video in Studio Express. I get audio but no video. I followed the troubleshooting steps on the support site (check framerate, reinstalling driver, reseat card, etc) but nothing seems to help. This is exactly the same hardware and incoming video signal that was working on XP. Are there other troubleshooting steps I can try?

I'm trying to capture an SD source. I have the card configured for NTSC and capturing to motion jpeg. I've tried every configurable setting in both the Black Magic Control Panel and Media Express. Nothing seems to work.

Andrew Hunter

Re: No video on Win7

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Is the output from Media Express black?

Media Express uses openGL to create the gui and display preview video. Have you installed drivers for your graphics card?

GaryA

Re: No video on Win7

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Yes, the output from media express was black.

Thanks for the reply Andrew. The inbox drivers for the video card were indeed insufficient. When I installed the Radeon drivers I could capture video again.

Return to Post Production