E-GPU Pro problems with playback on second screen.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

rgerbernyc

E-GPU Pro problems with playback on second screen.

PostWed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi Guys,
I recently got an E-GPU pro to help juice my 2017 iMac 5K. before the new hardware, I would run a second Benq SW271 Monitor to the iMac using a Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI 4k cable, which would I could play back on in Davinci Studio using Workspace > Video Clean Feed > Benq SW271. I have never had a problem. I even use it with a Black Magic Micro Panel when im grading. It's pretty great.

Then I got my E-GPU yesterday. Updated the firmware and tried connecting my Monitor via the EGPU. Now there is a noticeable stutter in the playback. I tried plugging it in the way I had it before, and just having the iMac plugged into the E-GPU and having a third small monitor plugged into that just for scopes. Same problem. When I turn off the E-GPU, then it works fine the way it did before, so clearly its the EGPU. Is there a setting I need to switch on. I just want it to work like it did and get some extra power when doing heavier grades and/or effects, but now I cant even work the way I did before I got this expensive E-GPU pro.

Anyone have similar issues or have any idea how to fix this? Right now I just have it unplugged as I need to work.

Thanks
Ryan

Return to Post Production