Request: ability to select multiple items by mouse drag

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Claudio Sepulveda

Request: ability to select multiple items by mouse drag

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi BMD friends

It would be great to have the ability in the color page to mouse drag over the UI
and select a range of nodes to either move them around in the node tree or delete them

To also Mouse drag and be able to select multiple points in a power window and move them together
This would be helpful when key framing a changing shape where multiple
Points could be key framed at once eg: someone's moving arm,etc. right now you have
To individually move every point

Also would be nice to have the option to not so easily add a point to a shape, maybe left mouse click+click
To add, so many times I end up adding a point when simply trying to move the shape

In tracker page, interactive mode to draw any shape around a subject for point deletion, at the moment it can only be a rectangular shape

Thanks for listening

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: Request: ability to select multiple items by mouse drag

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 am

+1 to that.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Sam O'Hare

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 8:10 pm

In this vein, for editing nodes, it would also be very useful to be able to rearrange them more easily. The current method of selecting and deleting links then moving and relinking is clunky. (Unless there is a faster way of doing this I don't know?)

Something like the way Fusion works would be great, where dragging a node while holding shift will remove that node from the flow, while maintaining the link between the nodes on either side of it. Shift-dragging a node onto a link would put it in the middle of that link.

That way a single shift-drag can move one node to another location in the flow and re-connect it without disturbing anything else.

Claudio Sepulveda

PostSat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 am

would also be nice to single click to select a node and or a still, to simply tap them once

when grading I hold my tablet pen ready to access the UI, to manipulate a window, points, but also to select a still for recall or to choose a specific node to manipulate, having to double click to select a node or a still is time consuming

sometimes when selecting a still you have to make sure the pen is absolutely still before clicking otherwise you'll need to tap twice

a single click please

thank you
Last edited by Claudio Sepulveda on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve MacMillan

PostSat Sep 22, 2012 8:05 am

On a related note, is there a way to get a middle click with a two button mouse? Modifier key maybe?
Resolve Lite 10.1.4
MacPro 5,1 2.66Ghz, 48GB, OSX 10.8.5
GUI Nvidia Q4000, GPU Nvidia GTX680, Decklink 3D+

Chris Gosling

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 5:00 pm

I second the request for a modifier key for a middle click.

Not only useful for a magic moue but also a trackpad - after all, BMD does talk about grading on-set with a macbook pro.

Gerhard Riesenhuber

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 5:09 pm

you can also use this for your magic mouse: http://www.boastr.de/

Return to Post Production