Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 Video Flicker

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author
Themis K.

Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 Video Flicker

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 am

I am using the Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 with a Lenovo W520. I get a video flicker (black video frames) with Composite or component video connection. I get the videlo flicker using the Black Magic Media Express and other video display software such as Adobe Flash Media Encoder. The flicker is not consistent when it happens and some times it goes away, not sure how. I have noticed that it goes away some times by restarting the PC.

Jonathan L.

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 Video Flicker

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 am

Do you use a splitter from the video source to the BMD Intensity Shuttle? If so, is it a powered splitter? Not sure if you have tried this already but you an try to unplug the cables connected from the splitter output to your device and plug them back in, this occurs to me every now and then with my powered HDMI Splitter where I get flickers and re-pluging fixes the issue. (All this without closing anything in the process.)

Themis K.

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Jonathan thanks for your input.
I don't use any spliters from my camera I conect directrly into the Intensity shuttle. I have seen this behaviour with both component and composite connections. I did play around with the settings but I did not see any change. After a while the problem goes away but I am not sure how.

cbassdeyfinenow

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm observing this same flicker. Sometimes when I start the software the video has a flicker. If I switch to a different USB3.0 port that sometimes fixes it. If I restart that sometimes fixes it. If I reinstall the Blackmagic Driver that may or may not fix it.

I need it to work each and every time. Any ideas on why I might be getting black frame flicker?

Intensity Shuttle USB3.0
HDMI Input
Dell Inspiron N7110
USB 3.0 host driver 2.1.27

Thanks,

Cbass

Return to Post Production