Decklink Quad Inputs stop working

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

mvanputten

Decklink Quad Inputs stop working

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello, I am witnessing a bizarre issue with the Decklink Quad, and have not come across this with the Duo or Single SDI cards. I build a directshow graph that uses the filters registered from Decklink64.dll to render multiple inputs. At first all inputs are working fine, but then over (what appears to be random) time one of the inputs stop working (say input 4) when trying to build the graph in GraphEdit or creating an instance through code (C# in my case):

decklinkVideoCapture = (IBaseFilter)Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromCLSID(VideoPreviewCaptureGuid));

What's really weird is that working around this is to switch the input to say input 1 but then over another period of time input 1 stops working and 4 comes back alive.

This does not happen in Decklink.dll, just the 64 bit dll.

The exception that occurs complains about out of memory however with 12GB of memory (tested on multiple systems, with multiple cards), that exception does not make sense. I debugged the exception further and found it breaking at a line in disassembly mode that there is a pointer... which I believe is an invalid pointer, maybe the wrong memory reference?

Has anybody seen this before with the Quad using 64 bit directshow filters?

Cheers.

Marinko Zubac

Re: Decklink Quad Inputs stop working

PostFri Apr 28, 2017 7:29 pm

I think we have the same problem.
Been using Live streaming software from multiple vendors and after a while (2-3 days of continuous use) the inputs on the card stop working with no reason. We have to restart the application to get it back online.
We tried to change streaming software, windows versions, PC's, Quad / Quad 2 cards but the problems is still present.

We have more then 10 BM Quad / Quad2 cards and with all of them we have the same problem.

We don't have that problem with the Duo or Mini (Single) cards.

So I think we have the same problem as you and it has to do something with the Blackmagic Driver.
Contacted Blackmagic support multiple times, but did not received any useful help from them.

Return to Post Production