Audio dropping out to nothing after 30 sec or so

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Brennan McBride

Audio dropping out to nothing after 30 sec or so

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Admittingly I am trying to hold onto my 2006 MacPro for as long as I can, so over the last year I have added a caldigit usb 3-esata combo card, a new ATI 5770, a blackmagic decklink studio card and just recently 8 more GB of ram for a total of 14GB. I have it hooked up to a OWC murcury rack pro in raid-0. I am getting decent read/writes (150MB/250MB) and everything seems to be working fairly well. I am on 10.7.4 running 6.0.1.1 and just recently, while doing a multicam job with 2 cameras DVCPro HD 720p 30, the audio started dropping out completely after 20 sec or so. I can still see meters bouncing and as soon as I stop and play again, it works, although for only 20 sec or so. If I lower the vid quality, no drop outs. Tried various combinations of blackmagic's drivers (Currently using 9.5.3 as its the only one where scrub doesnt lose sync) and media composers, untimately resorting to 6.0.1.1. The odd thing is that if I revert to an old partition with 10.6.8 on it, I have no problems what so ever....very stumped, but I'm sure someone here can tell me whats up...besides buying a new machine. I've done multiple projects on this franken-machine and this has been my only problem.

TIA,

Brennan

Return to Post Production