Capturing Audio Channels with Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Joshua Nelson

Capturing Audio Channels with Blackmagic Intensity Pro

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Because the Blackmagic Intensity Pro is an onboard card, is there a way to record audio channels that are not being input through HDMI?

The reason I ask this is because I am trying to capture video and audio on the PC the card is installed in. I also need to be able to listen to the audio at the same time. I capture video by outputting HDMI from my video card and looping it back into the capture card, however in Windows 7, if I send audio to that HDMI channel then I cannot monitor the audio with speakers or headphones. Windows 7 does not allow multiple output to audio channels so I cannot output to both speakers and HDMI.

I am looking into capturing audio using a program like audacity, however it would be ideal to just monitor a certain output device while capturing.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any personal solutions they use to get around this problem?

Mike Squires

Re: Capturing Audio Channels with Blackmagic Intensity Pro

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't know about the Intensity Pro, but with my Intensity Shuttle, in the BMD control panel, I can configure it to input video via HDMI and audio via analog.

Then on the computer, set the audio via analog out, take analog audio out of the computer into a mixer, and out of the mixer into the Shuttle. Then plug headphones into the mixer for listening.

Return to Post Production