Data Burn-in Glitch (or setting?)

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Manny Edwards

Data Burn-in Glitch (or setting?)

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 5:59 pm

When I set Source & Record TC for the project, the viewer properly displays the timeline TC and the source clip TC.

Then in the Deliver room, I select Data burn in preset>same as project, and the TC is still properly displayed in the viewer, as shown in the first image below.

But when I render it, it shows only the source TC and omits the timeline TC, as shown in the second image. Am I missing a setting?

Resolve 9 Lite
Mac OS 10.8.2
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: Data Burn-in Glitch (or setting?)

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 12:35 am

Hmmm, I just tested and it worked for me. What happens if you select just the "record timecode" option from the 'data burn in' tab on the colour page?
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 4:03 am

Manny Edwards wrote:When I set Source & Record TC for the project, the viewer properly displays the timeline TC and the source clip TC.

Then in the Deliver room, I select Data burn in preset>same as project, and the TC is still properly displayed in the viewer, as shown in the first image below.

But when I render it, it shows only the source TC and omits the timeline TC, as shown in the second image. Am I missing a setting?

The record/timeline TC is only rendered currently when you are rendering in target/single clip mode. When you are rendering in source mode/individual source files, this burn-in is not available currently. We'll look at improving this for a future update.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Rohit
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Manny Edwards

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 pm

I still get the same result:

Resolve 9 Lite
Mac OS 10.8.2

Manny Edwards

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Oh, I hadn't seen Rohit's post.
Resolve 9 Lite
Mac OS 10.8.2

Manny Edwards

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah that's too bad. Makes it impossible to use a round trip conform workflow when using the record TC burn-in.
Resolve 9 Lite
Mac OS 10.8.2

AriGolan

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 am

I've suddenly been having a similar issue. I've been rendering Data Burn ins just fine all week, then suddenly today it started acting very inconsistent. I am (and have been) rendering Single Clip. I set the Data Burn window to "Project", it shows in the Deliver Page viewer, but as soon as the render starts, the burn in disappears from the viewer (and is of course absent from the actual render).

The only was I've been able to get it to work so far is to set up a preset burn in, and choose that preset instead of "Same as Project" in the advanced settings of the video tab. In this instance, the Burn shows during the rendering process, and in the final render, but as soon as the render is completed, the Burn vanishes from the Deliver viewer window (indicating to me that for some reason the Project status of the Data Burn keeps getting reset).

As a side note. I've suddenly been getting an occasional error message popping up regarding something to the effect of "Cannot apply filter to single clip. Apply or Cancel". I'm guessing this might be related to the problem, but I have no idea to what filter it's referring.

We are working in collaborative mode with 3 machines, which seems to be the root of a lot of our general instability with 14, but still had the same Data Burn problem after shutting down the other two machines and doing a restart on the one I'm currently rendering with.

Ari
Ari Golan
Atomic Imaging, Inc./Golan Studios
1501 N. Magnolia Avenue
Chicago, IL 60642 USA
(312) 649-1800 x5701
ari@atomicimaging.com

MacPro Tower 5,1 High Sierra
64GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X

MacPro Trash Can 6,1 High Sierra
32GB RAM