Avid MC and Resolve Driver conflict

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Chris Southern

Avid MC and Resolve Driver conflict

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am

Hi to all, I wonder if anyone could help with this problem? I have Resolve and Avid MC on my PC, the Nvidea driver for my graphics card that works with MC will not work with Resolve!
If anyone has had this problem and got past I would be grateful to know how you did it.

Chris

Yair Oren

Re: Avid MC and Resolve Driver conflict

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi
Even if you have the new MC 6, Avid requires an old Nvidia driver "275.89-quadro-tesla-win7" it's from 8/2011. Maybe Resolve works only with new drivers. Check which driver model does Resolve need.
Avid won't work well with new Nvidia driver.

Chris Southern

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Many thanks for the quick reply, I have the right driver for MC but Resolve will not work with it.
The recomended driver for Resolve won't work with MC, on the MC forum a guy said he had put the Resolve driver in to MC so it would except it? I have no idea how he did this so for now there seems to be no work around for me, I could install the driver each time I open one or the other but its a ball ache.

Chris

Chris Southern

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 9:24 pm

For any one interested, I managed to sort this problem by going in top MC's program files and adding the driver for Resolve to the ones in MC's approved list.

Chris

gabris

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Chris Southern wrote:For any one interested, I managed to sort this problem by going in top MC's program files and adding the driver for Resolve to the ones in MC's approved list.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Im the one interested. Please can you describe how to add this driver. Im not IT so do need some navigation how to make that.

Thanks a lot.

Gabris

edit: I have just MC 5.0

Radman

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Please go to \Supporting files\Config and make your adjustments there. Read all about it on the Avid Forum.
I have the latest Nvidia Quadro drivers working for both Avid Symphony and Resolve.
I always found it easier for some reason with MC.

a Tip. The order in how you install Nvidia drivers, Quicktime Pro, Avid, Resolve, and BMDesign drivers is crutial. I am also using Quicktime Pro 7.7.3.

It all works for the first time in Jonks. Well done to all those who made it possible!
Cheers, Radman.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 11:05 pm

This sounds like a good solution.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Elliott Balsley

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 8:30 am

I'm not an Avid expert, but I've been told this text file hack does nothing more than hide the driver mismatch warning while launching Avid; it doesn't actually improve Avid's performance. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm talking about using a Quadro 4000 with latest drivers 306.97.
Elliott C. Balsley
DIT, Colorist, Cinematographer
www.llamafilm.com

Return to Post Production