Problems launching Resolve

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

anarchyjim

Problems launching Resolve

PostSun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 pm

I've tried installing the latest beta of Resolve 10 on two Windows machines. Neither are working.

Machine 1: Windows 7 64bit, AMD 6770M, 8gb

App launches and gets to the 'Looking for Control Surface' part of the startup screen, and then crashes. DPDecoder and QTDecoder are left running.

Machine 2: Windows 8, QuadroFX4800, 8gb

App launches successfully but the Library only shows C:\vol0 with an icon next to it that looks like a Network icon. It seems like there's some error causing Resolve to see the C drive as a networked drive and misread the drive label. The drive is not accessible. Clicking on it doesn't reveal any files. So... I can't import any files and the app is useless.

The drive is fine outside of Resolve. There are actually two local drives on the system and Resolve isn't seeing the second one at all.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim Tierney
Digital Anarchy

Andy Mees

Re: Problems launching Resolve

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 am

Hey Jim

As you have two Windows machines on the go then I suspect you already know this ... but just in case ... Resolve won't automatically add all mounted volumes (local or otherwise) as accessible Media Storage/Scratch Disks on Windows based systems, it only has that option on the Mac version I think. So with respect to your Machine 2 problem, it may be worth checking that you have added that second local drive as a Scratch Disk in your Resolve Preferences >> Media Storage list. Might be worth deleting and re-adding the C drive too to see if that clears the problem with that one.

Regarding the Scratch Disk volume icon looking kind of like a "Network" icon ... yeah, thats what it looks like for manually added Scratch Disk locations ... or at least, thats how it looks on mine anyway.

For what it's worth, I have 2 Windows PCs (Windows 7, GTX 660 & Windows 7 GTX560) running the latest Resolve 10 beta without significant issues.

Cheers
Andy

Return to Post Production