Win7 BlueScreen - Consistent problem that isn't being fixed!

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

iiMStevo

Win7 BlueScreen - Consistent problem that isn't being fixed!

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Device: Intensity Pro
Driver: 9.6.5
Operating System: Windows 7 home premium x64
PC Spec; Intel i7 950, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 150GB Hard Drive (O.S), 2x60GB SATA3 SSD (Capture/HighSpeedApps), Asus P6X58DE Motherboard

*Before anyone states this is a tech-spec issue, it isn't. I've had the device working countless times before the reinstallation of Windows 7. It was also working last night, although it took 6 hours of configuring and reinstalls to get the signal to actually work...

Problem:
No capture software can detect the device video input, but can detect the device.
I have been through all video settings and checked them nearly 15 times each, everything is set exactly the same as it was last night. (The device was working fine last night and I recorded about 30 minutes worth of footage).
The issue appears to be after a reboot. Windows didn't configure or install anything upon shutdown, and to my knowledge, nothing was installed on start up.
I re-opened VeeDub64 (tool used for capturing) and there was just a black screen. After exiting the capture program I received a Blue screen stating a process was locked.
I restarted, and tried again. Same fault.
I removed the drivers which were the disk drivers at the time (Intensity 3.9.1) and rebooted the system. I had an automatic driver detection fail on returning to the desktop for the Intensity Pro. So, I downloaded the drivers off the website and tried again. During installation, a "Software update available" pop up occurred. I accepted the software update and restarted my machine after installing.
I re-downloaded VeeDub64 and tried again.
Black screen, device is detected, no signal is received through the device.
I exit VeeDub64 - blue screen. This time, the error message stated something else (although I can't locate the .DMP file for it).
The machine restarted after the blue screen and this time I tried the Black Magic Media Express software.
The results were the same - No signal, device detected, upon exiting the software a blue screen occurred.

I've browsed through about 5 topics on here with the same issues, and none have resolutions. The support for this product is horrible and when something costs as much as the Intensity Pro does, I expect it to work flawlessly. Every driver version seems to have the same issues, and I'm not reinstalling windows every single time I want to use my capture device, nor will I leave my PC running 24x7x365... not unless Black Magic want to pay my electricity bills for the rest of my life......

Return to Post Production