Trouble with Blackmagic Design

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

technorev

Trouble with Blackmagic Design

PostSun Nov 24, 2013 5:17 am

My issue is my desire to get external video into my MacBook Pro (video capture) running Maverick. My video dealer recommended the Blackmagic Design So, I purchased one. Now, the video dealer assured me that the device would work. But it doesn't. Note too that the cover box shows the device being used to bring in video to programs like Final Cut X. But it doesn't. What really worries me is that when I go to System Preferences, there is no icon that addresses video. When I tried to go to Google + It has the ability to make changes, but the video icon is greyed out. I know something has to be wrong. I know in my heart that there is supposed to be a way to feed an external video signal into my MacBook Pro and it recognize it. Does anyone know why this isn't working?
My real issue me trying to get the output of my Tricaster 460 to my Google+ Hangout. I hope someone has an answer. Thanks Feel free to email me too technorev@me.com

technorev

Re: Trouble with Blackmagic Design

PostSun Nov 24, 2013 5:20 am

More information - Its the Blackmagic Design INtensity Shuttle - Thanks

adamroberts

Re: Trouble with Blackmagic Design

PostSun Nov 24, 2013 8:20 am

I'm assuming this is the Thunderbolt Intensity Shuttle?

Have you installed the latest software package for the Shuttle?

Does Media Express see the Shuttle and can it capture video?

FCPX has no way to capture video via a capture card. It's designed for file based work. So you would need to capture via Media Express then import into FCPX.

I'm not sure about streaming into Google+ as I've never done that.

Return to Post Production