Mixed frame rates? Manual says yes - timeline says no.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

ArtMooney

Mixed frame rates? Manual says yes - timeline says no.

PostSun Nov 24, 2013 7:30 am

FROM THE MANUAL;

Mixing Frame Rates: Mixed source clip frame rates are natively supported by DaVinci Resolve. In the Conform Options of the Master Project Settings panel you can see and select before you start your project. This defines if Resolve should remain in its native mixed frame rate mode, should use the Final Cut Pro 7 or X mixed frame rate modes, or to turn off mixed frame rate support using the None selection.

This only works if you're editing in Resolve. Bringing in an AAF or EDL with mixed frame rates? Nope. Changing a clip from drop/non-drop in the bin does absolutely nothing.

And the fun part is trying to change settings to see if some magical combination will make a difference. Resolve requires me to create a new project every time because the mixed frame rate option greys out after you make a timeline. Even if you delete it and everything in you bin - still locked out. I'm on timeline titled "Try 53" and still not making any progress.

I only post this in hopes someone is taking notes and plans on fixing the software because it's not my configuration.

Return to Post Production