Tangent Elements, Yea or Nay?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Marcel Beck

Tangent Elements, Yea or Nay?

PostMon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 am

Hello,

I'm considering getting panels for Davinci Resolve as using the mouse just doesn't cut it out anymore, fine tune adjustments just take 10x as long.

So I stumbled across Tangent Elements and Wave, considering the build quality of the Wave, I think I'll stick to the elements for a future proof hardware choice, but haven't tested either of them yet.

Any reviews? Opinions? different choices? My budget is basically the Tangent Elements, so anything in that realm.
Marcel Beck
Cinematographer & Producer
follow me: @mxbstudios

Reinis Traidas

Re: Tangent Elements, Yea or Nay?

PostMon Nov 25, 2013 11:24 am

I've used the Elements for about a year now, they are great. Obviously this isn't the 20k$ Davinci panel, but it does speed things up quite a bit, especially when you get used to it. The wheels are responsive, their sensitivity can be adjusted. The playback control panel is somewhat dull, as it doesn't support the second LCD screen for timecode/shot name or anything like that, it is bacisally blank. There are some odd things like Resolve switching away from lift/gamma/gain wheel controls as soon as you enable sizing on the panel, for some odd reason. Other than that, it's a great panel, especially the price!

Return to Post Production