BMCC delivery wait - but what about the bundled Resolve?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dennysb

BMCC delivery wait - but what about the bundled Resolve?

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 4:04 am

I just occur to me that as I Resolve lite user, now that I have made the purchase for the BMCC, I also will get the "real" thing without the functionality limitations.

Is there any reason why I have to wait for BMCC t be ready so I can get my copy of "Resolve", that is aside from the logistical nightmare it would create for BM ;)

Seriously, I would love to get my hands on the software asap

Andrzej Tomczak

Re: BMCC delivery wait - but what about the bundled Resolve?

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 am

I totally agree. I am waiting for BMCC since august. I had paid an advance to the reseller to get camera as soon as it possible. I understand problems with matrix in BMCC. It would be great if BMD marketing guys understand us too. Adobe SG which I have because I have PP CS6 pursuit Resolve. I love to pay total price for a new copy of Resolve, but when BMCC will be available I would like to get a discount which should be equal of the price of Resolve which I already paid.
It would be fair, think about this BMD marketing division.

John Waldorff

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Basically there is almost no difference to the lite version. Unless you are going to do 3d..?!?

Delon

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 pm

John Waldorff wrote:Basically there is almost no difference to the lite version. Unless you are going to do 3d..?!?

The other difference is that when a client is sitting right next to you and the see "Lite" it really makes you look amateur.

sean mclennan

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Delon wrote:
John Waldorff wrote:Basically there is almost no difference to the lite version. Unless you are going to do 3d..?!?

The other difference is that when a client is sitting right next to you and the see "Lite" it really makes you look amateur.

Ridiculous...your client is looking at their footage, not the name of the software you're using. Nor should they care, as long as you're giving them quality work.

While I can understand some people's desire to get their software first...it's protected with a hardware dongle...which is packaged with the camera. No real way for them to separate that.

As others have said...the "highly" advanced features that are disabled in the "lite" version shouldn't really pose any issues for 99.99%. Secondly, you gave your money to a retailer...BM hasn't gotten a penny of that yet, plus they have no way to monitor or control the software once they've sent it to you. You could have pre-ordered and then once you have the software, cancel your pre-order and they would have no recourse to get the software back.

In any case, hopefully the cameras start shipping soon and this will be a complete non-issue anyway :D

Andrzej Tomczak

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Guys,
I desire:
Noise reduction
2K and 4K Red files workflow
more than 1 GPU support.

That is avaible for 999$ in full not Lite version.

BM did not got the penny because they are late with the delivery. Retailer will pay BM if he get the product.
I do not understand why BMD can not do the offer - If you bought Resolve after 20th of August 2012 you have 999$ reduction of BMCC price. If you change your mind and you will not buy BMCC you stay with Resolve for 999$. It is that easy. Just a little bit of good will would be enough.

Delon

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 am

sean mclennan wrote:
Delon wrote:

Ridiculous...your client is looking at their footage, not the name of the software you're using. Nor should they care, as long as you're giving them quality work.

While I can understand some people's desire to get their software first...it's protected with a hardware dongle...which is packaged with the camera. No real way for them to separate that.

As others have said...the "highly" advanced features that are disabled in the "lite" version shouldn't really pose any issues for 99.99%. Secondly, you gave your money to a retailer...BM hasn't gotten a penny of that yet, plus they have no way to monitor or control the software once they've sent it to you. You could have pre-ordered and then once you have the software, cancel your pre-order and they would have no recourse to get the software back.

In any case, hopefully the cameras start shipping soon and this will be a complete non-issue anyway :D

I agree completely but as I'm sure you know, a grade is as much about technical ability and artistic eye as it is about overall image. Seeing that you are running a "free" version is more than enough to put a client off.

Return to Post Production