Batch unlink in v9

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Batch unlink in v9

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 4:42 am

Ran into a problem today..

Had a bunch of clips that were from the same clip so were connected by a remote grade, but i didn't want them to be. The same timeline had clips that i DID want to leave connected (referencing a different file), so changing to the option of "use local grades" didn't work (this group of clips was towards the end of probably around 200 clips or so i had already graded).

Back in v8 i would have selected the clips i wanted to create local versions for, and chosen batch unlink. But that doesn't exist anymore. I thought maybe i could just choose to create new local versions, but i couldn't do this with a bunch of clips selected, only one clip at a time.

What is the intended workflow now for this kind of operation?

Cheers!
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Batch unlink in v9

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 7:02 am

Batch Unlink has always been a timeline function, i.e. it works on all clips in the timeline. For clip by clip operation, you need to switch to the Local Version one-by-one.

One of the things you can do is to copy all grades to local, and then switch to using local.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: Batch unlink in v9

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am

Ah i see.
Can i put in a request then for a way to be able to select more than one clip and a create a new local (or remote) version for the selected clips?? :D

Copying all grades to local wouldn't have worked for me today either since i still wanted other clips referencing a different remote version. I would have had to create new groups on the local versions which seems like unnecessary steps. Better than making local versions one by one for sure.. but it should be an easy "select clips -> right click and choose 'create new local versions'" IMHO.

Thanks Rohit!
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Return to Post Production