Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - NEC chipset - audio only

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

sensi

Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - NEC chipset - audio only

PostMon Dec 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi,

we're having problem with connecting your device Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0. We bought it about 1 year ago and now we are trying to use it for the first time and we are experiencing a problem. We tried to connect this device on several computers. I saw that it requires NEC USB 3.0 driver and this is what we did:
- on our Dell computer (which has NEC chipset) we updated USB 3.0 drivers to 2.1.39.0, A03 and the firmware is 4.0.1.5.
- installed Desktop Windows 9.8
- sent signal through Xbox 360 HDMI cable to HDMI Input port on Shuttle
- sent signal from HDMI Output port on Shuttle to HDMI Monitor
- set HD 720p 50 frames in Media Express and in Default settings in Control Panel

For now we can capture only audio, but there is no image in Media Express (we tried with RGB and YUV color space - no luck) - we can see image on output Monitor but in Media Express or Premiere CC program there is only black screen. If we set 1080p output in Xbox then we don't get even image on output monitor and recorded sound is very distorted and damaged.
We tried also with component cable but also only audio is available.

Does anyone have any idea where is the problem? Does this mean that the device is damaged?

Thanks,
Tomasz

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - NEC chipset - audio only

PostMon Dec 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Did you have this problem before or was it just recently when you updated firmware/Windows updates? Also, what Windows are you using (7, 8, 8.1)? I'm assuming your XBox output matches the capture set in the shuttle but you may want to double check that as well.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Riekelt Goucem

PostMon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

In the windows control panel, have you set the input to HDMI video & HDMI Audio in (assuming you use that)?
After that, played a bit with the input setting in Media Express? (CTRL + ,).

I recommend to put your xbox in 720p and either 50fps or 60fps (which is 59.94)

sensi

PostMon Dec 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:Did you have this problem before or was it just recently when you updated firmware/Windows updates?

Before I've checked that on computer with NEC chipset I've tried on Intel chipset USB 3.0 computer and I've got exactly the same problem. Before update of NEC chipset drivers it was not possible to install Desktop Video 9.8. After update it installed correctly. So I assume this is not update of firmware problem.
We also tried on iMac late 2012 version with 9.7.8 and 9.7.9 version of Desktop Video and it didn't even recognize hardware.

Tony Rivera wrote: Also, what Windows are you using (7, 8, 8.1)?

Windows 7.
Tony Rivera wrote: I'm assuming your XBox output matches the capture set in the shuttle but you may want to double check that as well.

Yes, they match.

HKboy wrote:In the windows control panel, have you set the input to HDMI video & HDMI Audio in (assuming you use that)?
After that, played a bit with the input setting in Media Express? (CTRL + ,).

I recommend to put your xbox in 720p and either 50fps or 60fps (which is 59.94)

Yes, everything was set as you wrote, we played with different settings, but with no luck...

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 02, 2013 6:06 pm

I would suggest calling in on this matter unless someone else has any other suggestions.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Adam Simmons

PostTue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 am

In the BM control panel what do you have set for the 'Default Video Standard'?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Post Production