Intensity Shuttle

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

jpbevak

Intensity Shuttle

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 pm

I recently purchased a camera and the intensity shuttle so that I could do live broadcasting through wirecast. I can't seem to get it to work. The computer (Macbook pro mid-2012) recognizes the shuttle, all drivers (the updated November ones) are installed, but all I get for the camera (Canon Vixia HF R42) is a black screen. I went through all of the settings in the System Preferences in Blackmagic Design. I connected with with both the HDMI cord (provided) and some AV cords I have. Neither worked. Any questions, or is this not compatible? Thanks.

jpbevak

Re: Intensity Shuttle

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 pm

I've tried using the composite cables too, nothing will work. Always a blank screen. I guess I should say I am using OSx Maverick too... Thanks.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Just to confirm that the hardware is working the way it is supposed to, have you tried this setup in Media Express yet?

Close wirecast and open Media Express. Set to HDMI intput in the control panel and make sure that Media Express is set for the appropriate frame rate and resolution (defined by what your camera is using). If the input works there, then we can say that there's probably a software setting issue with Wirecast, but we should start there to make sure the problem isnt'' something else.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Revenge Gym

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 12:37 pm

I have a 2013 IMac with four usb 3 inputs and BM intensity 3.0 usb device attached inserted into one of them. So far I have very little to show that the device is even being recognized by my computer. Right now I am troubleshooting through media express. Before I waste what looks like hours of time, coupled with a great deal of frustration, does this device even work on my current set up?
:

IMac 27 core i7, Maverick OSX 10.9.1
Blackmagic intensity shuttle 3.0 usb
BM software 9.7.9 beta

Thank you,

Jose Saiote

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 pm

you need the Beta driver 9.7.9
Jose Saiote
Streamline Media, Extremeline & Grooveline

Revenge Gym

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Thank you Maitilupas, for such a quick reply to my post. :D

I installed version 9.7.9 beta that contained all the software and manuals. In the read me documentation when I installed it said that the file contained everything that I required. I made sure that I downloaded the file for intensity USB 3 for mac osx. Now I am using Maverick 10.9.1 instead of an early OS.

Is there a separete driver I need to download. And if so, where would I find the driver outside of the file that I have already installed?

Also, using the Media Express software that came with the device, I noticed that the "no remote" prompt on the right hand side is on. Is that an indication that the software/ computer doesn't see my device? When I click on "Device" at the top toolbar, it indicated "intensity shuttle".

Return to Post Production