Problem with Intensity PRO

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

kokoboy

Problem with Intensity PRO

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 am

Hey!

I have purchased Intensity Pro, I managed to plug it in my computer, installed it (I have the 3 BM's under sound). I'm now trying to connect through HDMI the Intensity Pro with my video card (AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series) so I can capture from screen.

I have tried all the default video settings in the BM Control Panel and I've also selected them in the Mediaexpress once they were modified in the Control Panel, but no image is showing, always black screen.

I have no ideea what to do, please help asap! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I managed to connect my laptop through hdmi using 1080i60 settings, but how can I connect both an external PC/laptop and my video card? I want to use my PC for streaming and playing and the external PC/laptop only for playing. How can I do that?

Riekelt Goucem

Re: Problem with Intensity PRO

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 10:21 am

Truth be told, it's going to be difficult. You either have to say to the connected intensity pro to either output images in 1080i60 or 720p60 in your graphics options area.
Also, you can only "record/stream" 1 device at a time.

kokoboy

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 10:31 am

Thank you HKBoy for your answer!

Yes, you are right. But this doesn't answer my question. Why can't I see what the Intensity Pro is capturing from my AMD Radeon 6800 HD Series?

The streaming part is easy. I can use a professional program and use two scenes to switch between Laptop and PC. That's not a problem. The problem is that my Intensity Pro is not capturing from my video card, although I have connected them through HDMI.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Dec 10, 2013 10:06 pm

Kokoboy,

Well, it might depend on the Graphics card. All DVI/HDMI graphics cards are HDCP compliant which means they might simply refuse to output to our boards. Typically this depends on what is being output from the Graphics card. For capturing desktop or gameplay, I'd expect this to work fine. But if there is any Media type software open and running at all, it will typically block this due to the HDCP kicking in.

To have the output go to two places there are a few ways to do it and keep the quality good (from a gaming experience). DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT rely on the Intensity HDMI output as your gaming output. It will not be in time, there will be delay on that passthrough. I've found this to be slight, but unacceptable for gaming purposes.

What i'd suggest, on a desktop is easy. Clone your montitors and use the second output of the card. Connect one to intensity and the other to monitor. Same image on both, no problems.

If that's not an option, you can buy a simple DVI/HDMI splitter cable. Connect the output to the Intensity first so that the handshake is compatible with the intensity, the connect the second output to the monitor you wish to do your gaming on. This way the signal is split before it gets to the Intensity for capture.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Post Production