Linking xml to single video file

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

jamesharding

Linking xml to single video file

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get my Premiere pro project into Davinci Resolve, but I'm having a lot of problems as the video files are H.264 .mts files which Resolve won't read and a lot of subclips have been made which means converting the H.264 to something else is going to be a real pain.

I was wondering if it was possible to import the xml from premiere pro into Davinci Resolve and use a single rendered file from Premiere pro to replace each of the cuts. For example, each clip on the timeline would get the footage from the rendered video based on timecode rather than a clip from the bin?

Thank you and let me know if there is a way or something more simple I haven't realised

James

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: Linking xml to single video file

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 am

Hi James,

If you render your Premiere timeline as a single file, the XML is going to still reference the source clips and not the rendered single clip. The cleaner solution certainly would have been to transcode the H.264 .mts files to a compatible format prior to beginning work with them, but I understand that you are past this point now. What you might try instead would be to use an EDL rather than an XML. You would then use the preconform workflow in order to utilize the single clip. EDL's and preconforming are discussed in the Resolve manual in more depth.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Return to Post Production