"Copy to local" shortcut

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Elliott Balsley

"Copy to local" shortcut

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Is there a keyboard shortcut to copy a remote grade to local? I like working with remote grades, as it saves time, but sometimes with documentary or multicam music videos, one shot is used several times for totally different things, so I am frequently right-clicking and choosing "Copy to local".
Elliott C. Balsley
DIT, Colorist, Cinematographer
www.llamafilm.com

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: "Copy to local" shortcut

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 9:32 pm

That would be handy, or even better - let us create custom keyboard shortcuts for all actions and be able to save it as a 'set'. That way when the "creating an outside node" shortcut changes AGAIN, it won't annoy me so much. :D
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Harris Charalambous

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 1:56 am

Custom shortcuts would be great but resolve is in dire dire need of an invert window / add outside window shortcut. The right clicking to do these core functions is incredibly inefficient.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 am

By 'invert window/add outside window' do you mean creating an outside node? That's the one i mentioned they keep changing. :D

It's currently option+o on the mac, but they'll change it to option+y which never works, then it gets swapped back again. :P
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 am

Sorry about that Captain!
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Haha, no need Peter! You and your team are doing a great job and always looking to improve and you're doing it QUICKLY. I thank you! :)

Harris Charalambous

"Copy to local" shortcut

PostTue Dec 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi, yes. Add Outside isn't nearly as convenient as Invert Window. I shouldn't need to add an outside node in order to work on the inside of a power window. What if I need to change the sizing of the window, which would then necessitate the need to go to previous node in order to make even the slightest adjustment to the power window. Now if there is a keyboard shortcut that has slipped me by then that would be great! Even better yet a tangent element mapping of invert window !

Return to Post Production