Audio / video desync in recorded stuff.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Damian

Audio / video desync in recorded stuff.

PostTue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am

Hello, few days ago I recorded with the ATEM TV Studio drummers concert in FULL HD. I used 3 cameras - 2 connected to the HDMI inputs and 1 to the SDI input. Sound was recorded via audio converter ULTRAMATCH PRO SRC 2496 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/SRC2496.aspx) which was connected to the ATEM TVS mixer. The whole was recorded via the Capture option in ATEM Software Controll application with quality set to 80%. Unfortunately, I have 2 problems with recorded stuff:

- AUDIO NOT SYNCHRONIZED WITH VIDEO
At the beginning everything is fine, but the further the de-sync is growing. I discovered that the audio track is shorter than the video track by 6 seconds. I tried to solve that problem by exporting audio track and change its tempo in Audacity and import it back to video. After that, my audio track duration was EXACTLY the same as duration of video track. The result: at the beginning and end of the video a/v synchronization is perfect, but the middle of video is out of sync. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? At this stage I have no idea how I can improve synchronization ;/. Please help me, my client is waiting for that recording ;/.

- ARTIFACTS IN VIDEO
There are artifacts in some places of recorded video - always at the same time. What could be the reason? I know I can't fix it now, but I`m asking for future recordings.

I recorded it on this PC:
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials 64-bit
- 8GB RAM
- Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
- ASUS HD7770
- Western Digital Caviar WD1003FBYX 1TB

Thanks for your time.

Return to Post Production