OFX UI issue

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

andreholz

OFX UI issue

PostWed Dec 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Hello.. I have installed Resolve 10 and would like to use FilmConvert OFX plugin.. but at Resolve`s UI the little OFX button on the right just doesn`t click.. it does nothing, and no panel appears. I`ve installed Sapphire OFX also to test, and got no sucess. Am I missing something?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: OFX UI issue

PostWed Dec 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Can you give us more info on your system hardware and OS?

If you hover the cursor over the FX icon, do you see "Enable this by installing OFX Plugins..."? If so, Resolve does not think you have any OFX plugins installed. Perhaps you have not installed Resolve compatible versions?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

andreholz

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 6:03 pm

As I hover over the button nothing happens. It`s unclickable. I have downloaded the corresponding OFX version of the plugin, and at their page, It was said to be compatible with daVinci Resolve 10. Got a OFX folder created on the system and everything, so I guess it installed ok.

I have just updated the system with a fresh start from a new SSD drive, OSX Mavericks, here at our company we use MacPros, 2 x 2.6 quad core intel xeon, mine particularly has a Nvidia GTX 660TI video card, and 12Gb RAM.

Interesting fact, on my older drive, a OSX Mountain Lion with daVinci Resolve 9, the software response is far better than Resolve 10 on Mavericks. As I drag the controls, I can see the image and the scopes move in real-time response, very smooth. Now, Resolve 10 is painfully slow, and I get 1-3s delay as I move the color wheels on the UI, for example. Very frustrating performance.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 12:21 am

Look in the View menu. If the OpenFX menu is grayed out, Resolve does not think you have any plugins installed.

Other people upgrading to Mavericks have reported similar performance issues with the UI color wheels.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to Post Production