Decklink Mini Recorder won't set input to HDMI

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Michael Toups

Decklink Mini Recorder won't set input to HDMI

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 3:39 am

Hi Guys,
Hope someone has an answer for me. I stream using Telestream Wirecast. I just bought 2 Sony HVR-V1U's and an Intensity Pro and Mini Recorder, both PCIe's. I'm running HDMI out from both cameras to the cards. Both cards are visible in Device Mgr, and both input video into Media Express although the setting on the Recorder is set at SDI. I can't change it to HDMI, I get a reload Desktop Media message when I try. Wirecast "sees" both cards but will only import video from the Intensity Pro. There is a green dot by the Pro in Wirecast source settings. I think the fact I can't change the input to HDMI on the Recorder stops Wirecast from seeing it and importing video.
Any thoughts?

Michael

i7 920
ASUS P6T SE
2 64GB SSD Raid 0 OS
1 TB HD storage
ATI RADEON HD 4650
12GB DDR3
WIN 7 Home Prem 64
Wirecast version 4.1.3 16387
2 Sony HVR-V1U's HDMI to:
BM Intensity Pro PCIe
BM Mini Recorder PCIe

Adam Simmons

Re: Decklink Mini Recorder won't set input to HDMI

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 6:09 am

Have you tried removing 1 of the cards to see if there's a conflict with having both cards in your system?
Which slots do you have the cards plugged in to?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Michael Toups

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 3:35 pm

I'll check, the computer isn't at the same location as I am now. I did notice one thing when I tried to load the driver for the Mini, I had to use an archived driver, then when installing the Pro I used the recent one and I think it updated the older driver for the Mini also. I'll pull and uninstall them both, and try the Mini by itself, but I think I did this before and still couldn't switch the input to HDMI. Maybe I should try the older driver for both, will the Pro driver automatically update the Mini driver and vise versa?
Sorry, I'm not much of a tech guru, and I appreciate your help and input.

Michael

Michael Toups

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:41 pm

OK, I uninstalled both drivers and now I cannot get the driver for the Mini to even download, first or after Pro. Pro alone is working fine with both softwares.
Any idea why I can't get the link to download the driver from BM support site to do anything, I click and click and nothing happens, the link doesn't appear at the bottom of the page when I hover the download icon. Nothing.

Very frustrating indeed.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Try getting to the Download page and refreshing if it still won't work.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Michael Toups

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi Tony,
Am what I'm trying to do possible from your point of view? Is there a reason the latest version of the driver for the Mini won't download, can the 2 cards coexist and function in Wirecast?

Michael

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 9:57 pm

From my limited experience with the cards, I don't believe you can capture from both simultaneously. Device manager will recognize both but capturing is a different story.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Michael Toups

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 3:04 am

Is the driver the same for both cards? If I install an earlier version of the Mini, will the current Pro driver automatically update the Mini and vice versa?

Michael

Adam Simmons

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 7:37 am

You can only have 1 set of drivers installed at any one time as the hardware automatically updates to the last version you install, so you can't really install 2 different versions. If you are having issues with 1 device not working with the latest drivers then I'd take a look at what else on the system may be causing an issue as both devices work fine on all my systems with the latest drivers (although I don't have both devices installed at the same time)
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Michael Toups

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks Ad, that probably is my problem, the devices won't allow 2 HDMI inputs at the same time. I'll try to input component on the pro and see if I can input HDMI on the Mini since I don't have an HDMI to SDI converter on hand.
How about 2 Pro cards set to HDMI at the same time, anyone having success with that?

Michael

Return to Post Production