CloudPod/CloudStore and Google Drive Shared Drive

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Daniel Leary

CloudPod/CloudStore and Google Drive Shared Drive

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 12:31 pm

Is there any way to access the "Shared drive" section of Google Drive? It is a Google Workspace storage area and seems to not show up as a syncable location in the Cloud Store Setup app.
In addition, is any way to access folders that are part of the "shared with me" part of any google account as a sync target?
Rocky9.2, Intel X299 Platform, 64GB Memory, RTX3090, DeckLink Studio 4K, Chelsio T580
MacStudio M1 Ultra 64GB
Resolve Version: 18.5 & 18.6

jeremiasmanninen

Re: CloudPod/CloudStore and Google Drive Shared Drive

PostSat Nov 25, 2023 4:51 am

I am wondering same think. Shared drives are the very places that are meant to collaboration. There is ability to have way more storage in them, the company owns the data which solves the problem when employees leave and the data need to be centralized.

The only reason I haven’t bought cloudstores and cloudpods is that the do not yet seen to have support for that.

Really hope Blackmagic adds that!

ToyboxNick

PostFri Apr 12, 2024 4:47 am

Bit of a thread necro but I'm having this exact same issue - wanting to set up the Cloud Store to a shared workspace drive but can seemingly only point it to my "personal" drive

_celko

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 am

You probably tried this already, but for shared folders to download with Google Drive desktop app you had to first add a shortcut of that folder to your own Drive location. Shortcutting a shared drive by itself won't work though, so maybe you'll need to create one "master" folder in the root of the shared drive and move all the rest in there (and then ofc shortcut that "master" folder).

I didn't work with BM Cloud yet personally, so this may be a complete shot in the dark :D

Return to Post Production