Something odd

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

JaBo

Something odd

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 9:02 pm

I am trying to get a Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 to work.
No success!
My computer has a ASUS mainboard (P8P67) with a ASMedia USB 3.0 interface.
The processor is a Intel Core i7 2600K and there is 16 GB memory
Capture is intended to have a SSD disk as destination. i e ther shal not be any capacity problems.
The chipset X58 is old and P67 should be "better"
I installed Media Express as distributed in the "box" i e version 9.9
Hardware registration was OK but nothing worked.

Since all hardware isn't created in the same way (software to of course) there is something that is called standard. In this case USB 3.0. Sometimes a programmer makes shortcuts to gain performance.
In this case should this possible be some special functions (outside standards) performed by chipsets from Renesas. OK I installed a PCI-X card with such a chipset.
No difference!

Please tell me what to do!

Riekelt Goucem

Re: Something odd

PostWed Jan 08, 2014 9:07 am

Your PCIe card, does it really have a NEC/Renesas i/o controller? Did you install the drivers and firmware?

Adam Simmons

Re: Something odd

PostWed Jan 08, 2014 9:45 am

I suspect you meant PCI-E for your USB 3 card. Which card did you buy as there are different Renesas chipsets now, and not all manufacturers implement them properly. Not only that but different drivers for the card can work in different ways and the card can work differently depending on the slot you have it installed in and what else may be on your system.
It would be nice if USB 3 was really a set standard, but each chip manufacturer seems to do something slightly different, and motherboard manufacturers also seem to implement the same chip differently on different boards
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Post Production