XML - problems in different formating

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

bfc.caron

XML - problems in different formating

PostTue Jan 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi guys,

I have a problem: I have an edit being done in Avid. Where I can get "aaf"s out of it with lots of metadata. Unfortunately Hiero doesn't support it as of yet (which is where we are doing our vfx management) so we had a work around, where we would import the aaf in Davinci Resolve (since that is where the colour would be done any way) linked to the raw files, and export and XML to be used in Hiero for VFX shot management. This worked fine up until Version 9 of the Davinci Resolve. Recently we have updated our workstations to Davinci 10, and when performing the same procedure we get an error that we cannot figure how to solve it. Claims to be adding a file with no timebase. This seems to be a result form the formating of the XML being exported by davinci 10 that is slightly different from davinci resolve 9. (not a matter of the media itself)

I have tried re-installing Resolve 9 and exporting and XML of the same aaf, and it works fine. I can send both XMls so that you guys can take a look.

cheers

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: XML - problems in different formating

PostWed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 am

Hi, send the xmls to your local BMD support office, support email address.. mark them attention to me.
or post links here where we can download.

Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

bfc.caron

PostWed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi Peter,

Just zipped both XML's together and now the forum supports it's upload.

cheers
Attachments
Tests_xmls_9.10.zip
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 am

Hi, thanks for XMLs. I'm told both import into FCP correctly and as V10 has improved frame accuracy over V9 you might need to follow up with the guys at the Foundry to see why they report the timebase error.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

bfc.caron

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for looking into it. I posted this issue both for you guys and the foundry. As soon as I gets reply for them I'll post it here.

Cheers

Return to Post Production