Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

BassBone42

Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

PostWed Jan 08, 2014 10:49 pm

Brand new Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 and trying to use on a MacBook Pro Retina (Maverick).

I have several questions and would appreciate assistance on any piece you can provide info on.

1) I cannot access the website for driver updates - I enter data including the ID and nothing happens. Is the website broken? Or perhaps shut down because there are no Mac drivers? There is no error message - just no response. Happens with Safari and Explorer. The supplied CD software does not seem to work.

2) It appears from other posts that there are problems on the Mac and there is no anticipated driver update. Am I reading this correctly?

3) I have Windows 7 on my Mac, but only software for Mac was provided. Can I get a Win7 version to make this device useful? I tried to get items via support for both OS's and never got to an actual download. Perhaps a server outage but frustrating.

I see no direct contact to the company in the material (phone or email) so I see no way to get moving at all.

Looks like a product with great potential, but at the moment it looks like a dud.

Thanks.

adamroberts

Re: Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 6:49 pm

I don't believe the Intensity Shuttle USB3 is supported on the Mac. From the spec sheet:
"USB 3.0. Requires an x58 based motherboard with onboard USB 3.0, or a USB 3.0 PCI Express card and an x58 or P55 series motherboard. Does not support USB 2.0 capture and playback. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements."

Edit: A quick look on the Support site and there are now Beta Mac drives listed:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support ... lse&os=mac

ZiGGiMoN

Re: Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 10:30 am

Yeah, there are beta drivers. Though they barely recognise the shuttle USB3.

I just bought one hoping that it would run about ok on the OSX, but its not really registering on my computer. I can see when running parallels that it appears and goes away within a second. So there is something fishy in the drivers.

My hope is that blackmagic get some updated drivers that might work better, since this is a sweet box for capturing video/audio. Until then, all I can do is either run Windows, or let it stay on the shelf.

Fingers crossed that they are getting some progress on this. Would really love to be able to capture my Plex video stuff on OSX.

Return to Post Production