Buying BMCC selling Davinci+Ultrascope

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

michaelxbarakat

Buying BMCC selling Davinci+Ultrascope

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 12:52 am

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I bought the BMCC, and sold davinci and ultrascope would this be a good move? Each sells for 500-700 on eBay that I've seen. I primarily use After effects for grading my shots anyway, and if I truly needed resolve I could have the Davinci Resolve lite version which still supports 1920x1080 resolution.

Any thoughts on this?

Would love to hear feedback!

MattAnsini

Re: Buying BMCC selling Davinci+Ultrascope

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 2:43 am

Well ultrascope is 100% useless (won't even open) without compatible hardware, in this case that is the bmcc. The ones on eBay are for the ultrascope devices, not the software...so you don't actually have anything to sell here.

And as far as using resolve lite, you would have a complicated workflow if you ever wanted to use raw. Adobes raw program is not designed for video so you have issues there. You would have convert the raw to get it to work with lite...hassle.

I don't think there is a huge benefit to selling resolve. It really brings out the full potential of the camera.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

adamroberts

Re: Buying BMCC selling Davinci+Ultrascope

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 8:08 am

Resolve Lite is perfectly capable of processing RAW files from the BMCC.

There are things that are not available in Resolve Lite, like multi GPU support and noise reduction, but overall the apps are the same.

Return to Post Production