Workflow question Resolve>after effects>Premier>AE mocha

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Stepan Ko

Workflow question Resolve>after effects>Premier>AE mocha

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 am

Hello everyone

I am grading a small fashion video for internet. The footage is sony f55 raw, which will be sent to davinci then to AE Mocha for some skin retouching done on the closeup shots then to After Effects for some green screen compositing and some CGi elements to be dropped in and then back into resolve for some final tweaks. The question that I have is what is the best format to go with to get the most quality and compatibility across all those programs and to avoid a headache of relinking all of that in Premier Pro? Is prores 4444 enough for something like this? Will the quality not drop considerably when it is going to be saved and over saved again and again every single step of the way?

I understand that this being made for web my make things easier cause you can afford to lose some quality but I also want to learn for the future how to deals with this properly, when only top quality end result would be accepted?

Appreciate everyones help!

Stepan

paulgolden

Re: Workflow question Resolve>after effects>Premier>AE mocha

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 6:03 am

I would render final scene output from After Effects and cut it into Premiere and not go back to Resolve.

Return to Post Production