Prominant dust removal

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

VybeVisuals

Prominant dust removal

PostWed Dec 20, 2023 11:11 am

Good Morning everyone.

Shot a video for a friend and there is 2 clips that have dust spot that isnt easy to hide. (Not on outer edges to crop).

I have tried YouTube, which seams to have exhausted all obvious ways with dust remover, dirt, object and even paint tool in fusion. Now I know there has to be a way even if it is a long process, but i am not finding it. Anyone have any suggestions for removing dust that is going through people where they and the camera are moving?

As a last resort is there a way of exporting individual frames from a timeline so that I can lone out in photoshop and re-insert (Yes that is a a great deal of photos but has to be better than wasting time trying ways that don’t work). Or can I clone individual frames in DR18 studio using paint?

I will add a clip later as not at the editing station, just wanted to see if someone has dealt with it from description.

I have also tried the patch tool which kinda worked but didnt look as good as the paint tool and not precise

Jayce
Attachments
dust_1.1.2.jpg
dust_1.1.2.jpg (484.08 KiB) Viewed 920 times

VybeVisuals

Re: Prominant dust removal

PostWed Dec 20, 2023 10:37 pm

Update!

I have managed to find a fusion tool that saves all frames and have started to work on the clip stills. 480 images to edit into photoshop for a 20 second clip, means there has to be a better way.

Any help and advice (link to a tutorial video, or page) will be gratefully received to a beginner.

Jayce

Glenn Sakatch

PostSun Dec 24, 2023 4:25 pm

As a last resort is there a way of exporting individual frames from a timeline so that I can lone out in photoshop and re-insert (Yes that is a a great deal of photos but has to be better than wasting time trying ways that don’t work). Or can I clone individual frames in DR18 studio using paint?

Yes, you could output as a still sequence rather than a quicktime movie. Settings are all there in your delivery tab. You can then open the sequence as a timeline in photoshop and work on it there. I'm not sure you would get much more by doing a clone tool on individual frames in photoshop, than you would by doing a clone tool on individual frames in fusion.

VybeVisuals

PostWed Jan 03, 2024 8:55 am

Glenn Sakatch wrote:

Yes, you could output as a still sequence rather than a quicktime movie. Settings are all there in your delivery tab. You can then open the sequence as a timeline in photoshop and work on it there. I'm not sure you would get much more by doing a clone tool on individual frames in photoshop, than you would by doing a clone tool on individual frames in fusion.

Thanks for the reply! You were correct. I found a way to export and edit in photoshop, and well let’s say you called it. It was the same result as the tools in Davinci.

I am thinking the only way that I can do this is to find a tutorial that can show me using a tool that allows me to pick a point in the video to clone from, and I am guessing that this will be a fusion thing. There has to be a way of cloning/removing dust spots in a program as professional as this.

Hendrik Proosa

PostThu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 am

Use the Paint node in Fusion, with clone tool mode.
I do stuff

Return to Post Production