Best Project Type for multiple editors

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Hector Develekos

Best Project Type for multiple editors

PostWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 am

Greetings. I've been tasked with moving my office's workflow from Premiere Pro to Davinci. I spent some time learning the program and so far so good. Now i stubmled upon another issue;

In the office, we use a network shared hard drive, which is located in the main workstation. In premiere we would just store the media and project files there, and we'd all have access to it.

What i did was open Resolve, create a local Project library in the shared hard drive. And while i was able to work on it, no one else could. (i don't care about simultaneous editing, just access, cause it's in the rules to not work on the same project all at once).

Then i started looking into the "Network Libraries" and "Cloud" and even went on to download Davinci Resolve Project Server. I learnt about it but my boss says "That's not what we're looking for, find out more" without further context. Is it possible to utilise our shared hard drive for this? Are there any other options?

Glenn Sakatch

Re: Best Project Type for multiple editors

PostSat Feb 10, 2024 4:14 pm

I'm afraid that is exactly what you are looking for.

If you want to work in a shared environment, you should be looking into a shared database setup.

A very small amount of googling will get you up and running pretty quickly.

I'm not sure why your boss is adamant against it, clearly they do not understand the benefits.

Return to Post Production