Cloud Dock 4 not connecting to network

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

chrisblum

Cloud Dock 4 not connecting to network

PostMon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 pm

I just recently purchased the new Cloud Dock 4. It has four 10G ethernet ports on the back, as well as usb-c for networking. The manual doesn't give any specific instructions for connecting to a network--and other Blackmagic products (like the ATEM mini and Hyperdecks) automatically connect via DHCP.

However, when I connect the CD4 to my network, it does not connect or get an IP address. When using the HDMI monitor output, the bottom left of the screen shows the network status as "internet off." The connected RJ45 port on the back shows activity lights corresponding to 1G or 10G depending on how I connect it, and the port on the switch lights up as if it's connected properly. I've tried all four network ports on the back of the CD4 with no luck.

Does anyone have a recommendation for solving this issue? Without network connectivity, the device is 100% useless as that's its whole point of existence!

Thank you

chrisblum

Re: Cloud Dock 4 not connecting to network

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 12:18 am

UPDATE: It turns out that the Cloud Dock 4 ships in static IP mode, rather than DHCP. And the only way to configure it is to connect a computer via USB-C, even though nothing in the manual says to do that, and the USB-C port is designated as "Ethernet via USB".

That is not clear at all, and they need to update the manual to reflect that. All of my other BM products have defaulted to DHCP so they automatically connect to a network, and the default Static IP was on the 10.x.x.x network.

Bob Zelin

PostSat Mar 23, 2024 5:07 pm

are you using the Cloud Dock with SSD's or U.2 NVMe drives ? Did you setup a RAID ?

Bob
Bob Zelin
bobzelin@icloud.com
www.bobzelin.com

Tim.Willis

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 10:32 am

Bob Zelin wrote:are you using the Cloud Dock with SSD's or U.2 NVMe drives ? Did you setup a RAID ?

Bob

Is it possible to set up a RAID with a Cloud Dock?

Return to Post Production