Desperate about sys requirements

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dalyelgolfo

Desperate about sys requirements

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 12:13 pm

Hi there. Apologies if this has been talked about in the past, I couldn´t find it as I am pretty new in the Forum.

I´ve got a BMPC 6K G2 camera and used to have a PC with a alright set of components. The issue was when trying to use two or three different effects in Davinci simultaneously and the preview became impossible to visualize it, and sometimes the render even crashed the program.

Looking for an update I´ve built with a professional advise a new PC which should solve the issue, but far from that, I am having the same situation.

The question is, if I get an Imac should that resolve the issue, or in order to have an smooth edition I might have to go for a 10k PC?

Specs:

Processor: AMD RYZEN 7 7700X 8 core processor
DDR5 32 GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 ti

Thank you all in advance.

Uli Plank

Re: Desperate about sys requirements

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 pm

Even a Mac mini Pro 16 GB would do. It will be slow, but stable.
But your PC should do as well, if it has enough VRAM. Were those professionals really experienced in setting a machine up for DR? But then, even a 10K PC or Mac Studio won’t do everything in realtime.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Marc Wielage

Re: Desperate about sys requirements

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 3:24 am

dalyelgolfo wrote:I´ve got a BMPC 6K G2 camera and used to have a PC with a alright set of components. The issue was when trying to use two or three different effects in Davinci simultaneously and the preview became impossible to visualize it, and sometimes the render even crashed the program.

What if you cached the effect? This will provide real-time performance in terms of at least being able to see 2 or 3 different effects at one time.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to Post Production