Sync & Link multiples audio clips into a video clip

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Mgfilms

Sync & Link multiples audio clips into a video clip

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 am

Hi everyone! I'd appreciate if you could help me out with a question I have about DaVinci Resolve.
I just signed up for this chat and I want to thank everyone here for helping me out in various instances.

I'm looking to find out if there's a way to synchronize 4 or more audio tracks and embed them within a clip as channels. My ultimate goal is to edit comfortably without having to create compound clips and then be able to export an AAF to an audio editor. Here's the scenario:

I have a dialogue scene with two people. Shot with a Sony FX3 using DJI Mics, recording internally in the camera and the mics. Additionally, there's a boom recording into a Tascam DR-40x. So, I end up with the internal camera audio (DJI mic1 & mic2 mix), voices of both actor from each mic, and the boom audio, making it 4 audio tracks.

I usually use Syncaila to sync everything on a timeline and pick the good shots from there. Then create a compound clip with the audios and at the end of the video edition, I unfold everything on the timeline
Does anyone know how to improve this method?

Thanks a million in advance!

Return to Post Production