Remove drone shadow from paving stones

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

misiulek321

Remove drone shadow from paving stones

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 10:15 pm

God morning all!

I have drone footage of a car but in some part of this video the shadow of the drone is visible on paving stones. This video shows that part: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hoXGXK ... sp=sharing

Despite of how to effectively track this shadow because I tried power windows and magic mask but without spectacular success (in worst case I can track it manually), primarily I'm wondering how to remove tracked shadow from that footage to preserve looks it naturally (tried object removal and paint tool but looks really unnatural).

Can you advise something?

P.S.: I hope I posted on right place (it's my first post here)

Best

Roselan1

Re: Remove drone shadow from paving stones

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 5:57 pm

Hi, good morning! To remove the drone's shadow from your footage, try using a combination of cloning and content-aware fill in post-production software like Adobe After Effects or DaVinci Resolve. First, track the shadow's movement across the paving stones, then use cloning to replace it with surrounding textures. Content-aware fill can help smooth out any irregularities. This should help retain a natural look. Good luck!

Dan Anon

Re: Remove drone shadow from paving stones

PostWed May 01, 2024 3:15 pm

I might try using the shadow shape to make an adjustment mask, then lighten the image within the mask to make is appear as if there is no shadow.

It may be easier than cloning or context-aware-fill.

Let us knowhow you fixed it.
Dan
Resolve 18.6.6
Sonoma 14.4.1
Mac Studio M2 Max 64GB

BetterLifeTV.tv

Return to Post Production