Move UI to secondary monitor

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Elliott Balsley

Move UI to secondary monitor

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 10:15 am

Is this possible? I have two monitors connected to my Mac, and I want the Resolve UI to go on the one without the menu bar, a.k.a, the secondary monitor. Can't figure it out.
Elliott C. Balsley
DIT, Colorist, Cinematographer
www.llamafilm.com

adamroberts

Re: Move UI to secondary monitor

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 11:16 am

The Resolve UI can only be shown on the main monitor.

Elliott Balsley

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 11:26 am

Aargg.
Usually that's fine and I have full screen on SDI, but for this job I ran out of PCIe and had to remove the Decklink card. My Flanders has a DVI input, which would look much better than my cheap Dell monitor, but I don't want to move my Dock and menu bar, etc. I wish they would allow moving the window, but I doubt this will rank very high on the priorities list.
Elliott C. Balsley
DIT, Colorist, Cinematographer
www.llamafilm.com

adamroberts

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 11:28 am

Even if you could move the UI you would still need an IO card to view your grade on a reference monitor. Resolve does not support dual GUI displays for the UI and full screen reference.

The only element in the Resolve UI that can be moved to another GUI display are the scopes.

Dmitry Kitsov

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 pm

adamroberts wrote:Even if you could move the UI you would still need an IO card to view your grade on a reference monitor. Resolve does not support dual GUI displays for the UI and full screen reference.

The only element in the Resolve UI that can be moved to another GUI display are the scopes.

and the clip info pop up
Dmitry Kitsov

Al Powell

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 2:54 pm

adamroberts wrote:Even if you could move the UI you would still need an IO card to view your grade on a reference monitor. Resolve does not support dual GUI displays for the UI and full screen reference.

That's not what he means. I'm pretty sure he, and everyone else, would like to be able to view fullscreen on a second monitor without the circus and/or shuffle windows the way we like. We need to be able to control our workspace. BlackMagic locking everything in place is both condescending and frustrating.

Also, you make a reference monitor sound like a requirement. It's not. That goes doubly for anyone correcting material that's going strictly to YouTube or Vimeo. Correcting web material with an NTSC display would be counterproductive.

Return to Post Production