Output VLC Player via Decklink Mini Monitor

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

MaxRivera

Output VLC Player via Decklink Mini Monitor

PostThu May 01, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello everyone.

I've seen that it's possible to send the signal of the timeline preview window of Premiere, Final Cut and other NLEs to an external monitor the thru the Decklink MIni Monitor.

Is it possible to output the signal of the VLC Media Player, or the Windows Media Player, or any other, thru the same device?

Thanks for your answers.

Synnöve

Re: Output VLC Player via Decklink Mini Monitor

PostMon May 05, 2014 2:42 am

I'd also like to know this as well.

deanlewis

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm

BUMP

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 pm

VLC had soem beta support for BM devices as output, but it was never finished.

You can do it with e.g. Telestream Switch player or Drastic videoQC player. There are other ways, specially on PC, but none if very reliable and requires "improvising".

Jim W Eng16

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 10:27 pm

Heres whats up, here is my POST at SWITCH PLAYER, I want to build an HD SDI player basically a computer with the Blackmagic mini monitor card as the output HD SDI to a Blackmagic production Switcher.
The unit is run to a video Switcher the audio is run to an audio board and then it goes to the switcher to be embedded into the Switcher output so on the player I would have a sound card or the built-in Sound audio run to the sound board and we would have the player playback the opening or the close of a show we record basically live to tape as they say live to file nowadays.
The whole point is it's just going to have its own player computer is not going to do anything else but play video to switcher when we kick it since MP4 is a good format I could make it any format but MP4 is a very common lightweight format I'm going to play the open closed and roll ins in mp4 so that about explains the project and my interest in your software.
In radio this would be like a digital cart machine, but this is video so a Video cart machine! (:

So far it appears yes with Switch! https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com/t/ ... -99-player

Return to Post Production