The Shuttle and PS3@720p

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Kashou

The Shuttle and PS3@720p

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 am

I'm trying to stream PS3 with the BMI Shuttle and having lots of trouble. I've streamed PS2 using composite cables earlier and it worked just fine, but now that I'm attempting to stream PS3 with component cables, it's acting really strange.

I have set my PS3 to component cables and unchecked all resolution options except 720p, my BMIS is set to component in and 720p@59.97h (I have also tried every other 720p setting). I have tried changing the bit rate or whatever in the media express program to 8, 10 and Motion JPEG but it didn't do anything except crash the program and force me to reboot my computer to get the BMIS to work again.

I am using a HDMI cable for video out on the Shuttle and connected it to my monitor, and while I can get images on my monitor while the Shuttle is active in Xsplit, it does not show up in Xsplit.
My monitor claims that it is recieving signals at 720p@60hz, but it shows a picture in the same resolution and stuff no matter what settings i put the BMIS input as.

I also tried unplugging the HDMI out cable but still nothing gives.

My specs are :
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Intel i5-3570K
ASUS Radeon HD7950
16 gb RAM
I am using Windows 7 x64

The BMIS is updated to 9.6.7 and I have also tried 8.6.1 and 9.6.1 to no avail.

I have though, as a matter of fact, managed to get pictures in Flash Media Live Encoder while running my ps3 in PAL (576i or whatever), and using my component cables. Still there is nothing when I'm running 720i, 720p, 1080i or 1080p. I don't know if it might be an issue with neither FMLE or Xsplit handling 60hz properly, but the Media Express program that comes with the BMIS just crashes and gets no image anyway so I can't know for sure.

I also tried runnig it with FFsplit but I'm not sure it supports the card.

Dennis Sädtler

Re: The Shuttle and PS3@720p

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Your Mainboard has 2 different USB 3.0 Controllers, did you tried both?

I have no problems capturing my PS3 at 720p59.94 with XSplit, FMLE and Media Express.

Your output can have a different resolution as your input, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Kashou

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah I've tried both. The same thing occurs. If I try to cap anything higher than 576i it just stops working and disconnects the unit or freezes my computer.

Can it really be that the Shuttle supports like 1% of the USB chipsets on the market and that I have to buy a USB 3.0 PCI-e controller? Because that's just silly.

Kashou

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Turns out Renesas/NEC controllers are rather hard to find in Sweden, but I think I found one now. Ordering it because I'm tired of this s---.

Good job at supporting other companies at least Blackmagic.
Last edited by Christine Peterson on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Profanity

Kashou

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 pm

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=575939#info

I'm looking at getting this then, as it's one of the few NEC chipset PCI-e cards I can find. Does anybody know if it will work or not?

I realize it's in swedish, but theres not much to know except the name and possibly the tech specifications but you can see them anyway.

Kashou

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Alright, I aquired said Renesas USB 3.0 PCI-e controller and I managed to get a picture in 720p. Although it was flickering, but I suspect it might be because of bad RGB cables.

On the other hand, the BMIS keeps blue screening my computer now. It works somewhat in the Express program, but in FMLE or Xsplit it just bluescreens almost on a whim. I managed to get it to show a picture in 720p@59.97hz in FMLE, but it set the FPS to 29.whatever, and when I accidentally put it to 60, I got a blue screen.

Now what is going on? Please help me.

Also it crashed even when I managed to get it to work for a while. Streamed for about 5 minutes with Xsplit and then it crashed.

Said something like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS or something.

Kashou

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Do you even have forum support? Or am I just stuck refreshing this until I go and send you e-mails or something?

Kashou

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 pm

I have a Speed Dragon FG-EU307A-1-BC02 USB 3.0 controller.
Listed on their website as EU307A (but has a different power socket).

Did I manage to buy the only Renesas card in the galaxy that doesn't work with the shuttle or what? Because there are no other Renesas/NEC cards available in sweden.

Christine Peterson

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Kashou wrote:Do you even have forum support? Or am I just stuck refreshing this until I go and send you e-mails or something?

Hi Kashou,

Our support team tries to get through questions on the forum when they can, but you're right - this isn't an official support channel. If you need urgent help, your best bet is to call your country's support office or your local reseller. Numbers for each country's support office can be found on the Company page of our website: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company/
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Return to Post Production