MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Francois Driessen

  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm
  • Location: London. ON. Canada

MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostTue May 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Just a word of caution. The 10.9.3 update breaks GPU support for Resolve as well as Adobe PP & ME CC.
Just spent an hour with apple engineers to provide system data. But this could take a while to fix... Don't open the bag of hurt I'm in. Stay away from 10.9.3

New MacPro system. So I haven't settled on my system clone yet...
MacPro 6.1 8Core. 32Gig. D700
21TB Areca TB2 Raid5. UltraStudio Mini
Offline

tkatz

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostTue May 20, 2014 4:33 pm

I was just about to reply asking what the issues are as Resolve appeared to work fine.

That is, until I went to actually render something and it simply hangs halfway through.

Fortunately, I have a backup of 10.9.2 I can restore to.
Terry Katz
Offline

Helge Tjelta

  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 am

Re: MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostTue May 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Us to. I did not wait enough days for the update.... shame on me....

Well, for us it hangs way before rendering. When working with nodes (serial , circle and outside) all of a sudden, it hangs a little, now the monitor stops outputting, when selecting a new clip, the viewer does not update...

Now I just save (and that takes a long time as well), then quit, and I have to reboot, because other programs starts to hang as well.

Managed to make a 10.9 install on a MacBookPro, updates to 10.9.2 and started my MacPro from this systems. All ok.

Shame on you Apple! :(
Offline

Cynosure Media

  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Re: MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostWed May 21, 2014 11:30 am

Just chiming in to add that it's doing this for me too. The past two versions of resolve and the current one are all doing the same thing as described above on a 6 core machine with D700's under 10.9.3.
Offline

tkatz

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostWed May 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Incase no one else has seen it, the issue has been confirmed:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22527#p140861
Terry Katz
Offline

paulkosmala

  • Posts: 148
  • Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am

Re: MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Man, I thought I was going crazy...


another symptom to report. the GPU diod goes up to 138^f. (it usually stays around 89^f.)

Downgrading to 10.9.2 to see if that indeed fixes the problem!

helgetjelta wrote:Us to. I did not wait enough days for the update.... shame on me....

Well, for us it hangs way before rendering. When working with nodes (serial , circle and outside) all of a sudden, it hangs a little, now the monitor stops outputting, when selecting a new clip, the viewer does not update...

Now I just save (and that takes a long time as well), then quit, and I have to reboot, because other programs starts to hang as well.

Managed to make a 10.9 install on a MacBookPro, updates to 10.9.2 and started my MacPro from this systems. All ok.

Shame on you Apple! :(
Offline
User avatar

sean mclennan

  • Posts: 1286
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:28 pm
  • Location: Fort McMurray, AB

Re: MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostSun Jun 22, 2014 1:56 am

paulkosmala wrote:Man, I thought I was going crazy...


another symptom to report. the GPU diod goes up to 138^f. (it usually stays around 89^f.)

Downgrading to 10.9.2 to see if that indeed fixes the problem!

helgetjelta wrote:Us to. I did not wait enough days for the update.... shame on me....

Well, for us it hangs way before rendering. When working with nodes (serial , circle and outside) all of a sudden, it hangs a little, now the monitor stops outputting, when selecting a new clip, the viewer does not update...

Now I just save (and that takes a long time as well), then quit, and I have to reboot, because other programs starts to hang as well.

Managed to make a 10.9 install on a MacBookPro, updates to 10.9.2 and started my MacPro from this systems. All ok.

Shame on you Apple! :(


How did you downgrade?
Offline

paulkosmala

  • Posts: 148
  • Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am

Re: MacOS 10.9.3 Update breaks Resolve for MacPro 6.1 D700

PostFri Jun 27, 2014 3:49 pm

sean mclennan wrote:
paulkosmala wrote:Man, I thought I was going crazy...


another symptom to report. the GPU diod goes up to 138^f. (it usually stays around 89^f.)

Downgrading to 10.9.2 to see if that indeed fixes the problem!

helgetjelta wrote:Us to. I did not wait enough days for the update.... shame on me....

Well, for us it hangs way before rendering. When working with nodes (serial , circle and outside) all of a sudden, it hangs a little, now the monitor stops outputting, when selecting a new clip, the viewer does not update...

Now I just save (and that takes a long time as well), then quit, and I have to reboot, because other programs starts to hang as well.

Managed to make a 10.9 install on a MacBookPro, updates to 10.9.2 and started my MacPro from this systems. All ok.

Shame on you Apple! :(


How did you downgrade?



I didn't... could not...

Return to Post Production

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests