Help !Da Vinci 3D workflow..

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Allan Almeida

Help !Da Vinci 3D workflow..

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello Guys, can someone give me a help in a 3D workflow with DAVINCI??

how do I grade just the left side without affecting the right, when I apply my grade it applies it in both sides automatically.

What I am doing wrong??

thanks !

PedroTejada

Re: Help !Da Vinci 3D workflow..

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm kinda in the same boat... Our on-set colorist did all the looks, including a few matches on a single time line, placing the clips out of order... It would be nice if we could import stills from the on-set project and apply on each eye the respective grading... But as far I know we can only apply the same still to both eyes!

Tips?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 2:59 am

Hi guys, there is a fair amount of detail in the manual on Stereoscopic grading and using stills... but the short answer is to turn off the gang mode in the stereo3D palette... it a chain link icon.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

PedroTejada

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 10:41 pm

I've been using the manual and it's really nice, but even turning the ripple thing off, looks like that each time I apply a still to a clip it affects the other eyes one. Anyway, it was a good way to learn... We did everything by hand after applying the still and worked out...

One feature that would be nice and I couldn't find on the manual would be to offset one frame on 3D timelines... Every time I tried, the other eye timecode broke and the footage got completely out of sync! I had to re-sync the footage on the NLE and re-import another timeline... Maybe there's, I just did not find it :p

Return to Post Production