Video files not recognized in the library! Help!

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Thomas Stigler

Video files not recognized in the library! Help!

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 am

Hey all, I recently switched from Apple Color to Davinci Resolve (Lite), now my first project on DaVinci and I can't get any media into my timeline...

When I first brought in the .xml, my clips were automatically reconnected - or so I thought. Every clip was the correct length, but showed only black. When I said "reveal in finder", they linked to the correct .mov files in the finder.

I cleared out my Media Pool and decided I would drag them in myself, at which point I discovered that all of the footage folders were empty in the library view where the .mov files were supposedly located. After some more digging, i found that audio files and still images are recognized by Davinci, but videos are not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Video files not recognized in the library! Help!

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 2:51 am

tstigler wrote:Hey all, I recently switched from Apple Color to Davinci Resolve (Lite), now my first project on DaVinci and I can't get any media into my timeline...

When I first brought in the .xml, my clips were automatically reconnected - or so I thought. Every clip was the correct length, but showed only black. When I said "reveal in finder", they linked to the correct .mov files in the finder.

I cleared out my Media Pool and decided I would drag them in myself, at which point I discovered that all of the footage folders were empty in the library view where the .mov files were supposedly located. After some more digging, i found that audio files and still images are recognized by Davinci, but videos are not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

What format/codec are your video files? My guess is it's one of those codecs which are not supported by Resolve. You can see the list of supported codecs on our support page.

Regards,
Rohit
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Thomas Stigler

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 3:12 am

Hi Rohit,

Turned out to be a little bug.. When I create the project and bring in the .xml, the media doesn't show up. BUT if I create the project, save it, quit davinci, reopen davinci, and import the .xml again into that project it works. Weird.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 am

tstigler wrote:Hi Rohit,

Turned out to be a little bug.. When I create the project and bring in the .xml, the media doesn't show up. BUT if I create the project, save it, quit davinci, reopen davinci, and import the .xml again into that project it works. Weird.

Hmmm that doesn't sound right. Please let us know if you are able to reproduce the issue again.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Return to Post Production