Audio bug with long audio takes confirmed

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Paul Steinberg

Audio bug with long audio takes confirmed

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 am

This was the application;

Documentary shoot of a hockey game. 4-track master audio recording was done using a SoundDevices 744t and the recording was started at the beginning of the game and not stopped until the end. Multiple Canon C300 cameras were used during the game and each camera had a Lockit box that was slaved to the 744t and fed the camera time code.

When attempting to sync the audio in Resolve 9.0.2 and 9.0.3 a section of each cameras timelime (maybe 20 clips) would just have blasts of noise/static across all four audio channels. The audio recordings were fine and running the media through Adobe Premiere CS6 and Assimilate ScratchLAB produced perfect sync across all files. This happened on three of the four games we had to shoot. The audio was one long take on every one of these games.

For the last game of the production I had the soundman continually start and stop the audio recording every few minutes, when sync'ing this game with Resolve 9.0.3 the sync was perfect.

I think I should also point out that the 744t is recording to compact flash media and is starting a new file every 3.5Gb.
Paul Steinberg csc
Toronto |+|Canada

Win11Pro. AMD 64 Core Threadripper 3990x, 128Gb RAM, Dual nVidia RTX 3090, Ultrastudio 4K mini, MotuM2, Thunderbolt 3, internal NVME PCI RAID (source) external thunderbolt RAID (target)

Return to Post Production