Davinci 11 Bug Reports

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Bret Hardie

Re: Davinci 11 Bug Reports

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 12:06 am

One thing I can not believe still is not incorporated into Resolve is what you are undoing or redoing. When you click edit it still just says "Undo". Other applications have had information on what it is you are undoing for nearly a decade, this seems like a no brainer that Resolve would have this by now. For instance if you adjust gain and want to undo it it should say "Undo Gain".

Thanks!

Fabian Benninghoff

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 10:36 am

Yesterday I have noticed the following bug:

I was grading Apple ProRes 422 HQ 1080p25 footage (4K RAW to HD from odyssey 7q and FS-700) on a HD Timeline. I used the group feature a lot. In the Pre-Clip Section I had only a simple primary balance node and a sharpen node. Then I adjusted every clip in the clip section individually with one primary node. After that I applied some NR in the Post-Clip section. Everything went very well and I rendered everything as individual source clips to DNxHD 10Bit .mov. After a while I came back to check the rendering progress and Resolve was not running anymore. I tried a few things and realized that everytime I clicked one particular clip in the timeline resolve crashes immediatly without any error. After some research I found out that this clip was not connected to a corrector node in the CLIP section. When I bypassed the whole grade (Shift+D) I was able to click the clip and add a serial node to the clip section. Now everything worked well. But deleting the node lets Resolve crash immediatly without any error. I know that the data flow in the group section ist Pre-Clip --> Clip --> Post Clip --> Timeline and the grade could not work without a connection in the clip section. But an error message would be better than just a crash ;)

I tried all this in a brand new project with different footage. But the bug was still there.

Hopefully this helps to fix this issue :)
i7-4930k 6core 3,4ghz @ 4,5 ghz
64 GB RAM
Geforce GTX Titan 6GB
12 TB RAID 0
OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
DaVinci Resolve 11.1.3

Bill Hawkins

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 11:18 pm

In a 1080p 29.97 timeline selecting the "take selector" works fine for some clips and crashes Resolve when other clips are selected. The crashes are consistent with the same clips and about half of the clips are unavailable for the take selector without causing the crash. The same files that I cannot use take selection with in the timeline work fine with the option when put in a timeline alone.
I cannot recreate the problem in other projects.

I am hoping that the error codes below will shed some light on the issue. Thank you .

The files are native BMPCC HQproRes with linked audio.
Databases are disk.
This is a small timeline with less than 10 clips.
All files are on a RAID 0 array.
Version 11.2.1.2

Here is the error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Resolve.exe
Application Version: 11.2.1.2
Application Timestamp: 54d9dc3b
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2bcac
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00000000000761c9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8140
Additional Information 2: 8140d9dace85f91318c4bf3379fb4c7e
Additional Information 3: 462a
Additional Information 4: 462a923bc060f61b24bd0a4daf4ddee8

Bill Hawkins

PostFri Mar 06, 2015 2:53 am

I have recreated the timeline from scratch and have the same problem with the same clips. Noticed that the clips that failed "Take selection" and crashed Resolve did not have audio linked while the clips that allowed takes did. I added audio to the clip that was giving me the most trouble and that clip will now work in the new timeline but not in the original timeline.

I can't find a clear cause.

John Burton

PostFri Mar 06, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm still waiting to get the option of being able to save tracking information with the color correction in a memory. I mean just give me the option! Would be so simple. Another case where engineers don't feel it necessary because of xyz, when they're not the ones working on the box all day.

Bill Hawkins

PostThu Mar 26, 2015 1:28 pm

Gallery Grades will show only the main frame with Resolve 11.2.1 in dual monitor mode. I have not tried this solution yet but apparently this is not an issue in single monitor mode. There is another thread where this is discussed in detail. Sounds like a bug to me.
Looking forward to a fix. Great work DaVinci. Fantastic program. After 12 years with Avid I am migrating everything to Resolve.

darrenroark

PostSat May 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread and I don't post much, so here goes.

I'm trying to get at least a general understanding of how ACES works, what it does and in doing so have noticed an issue with the Canon 1D, 5D, and 7D IDTs in the latest version of resolve just cause it to crash. I'm mixing Red & Alexa footage on the timeline without issue. I can apply other IDTs to the Canon footage.

Strange one!

Thanks so much!

Kaspars Kursiss

PostWed Jun 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello,
it's a minor bug, but get's in the way when using Resolve to do «something more».

Cropping in effect inspector may leave visible last row pixels, it becomes visible when I pan the image.

Example:

Kaspars Kursiss

PostWed Jun 03, 2015 2:06 pm

Suggestion:
• Audio loudness adjustments in timeline are waaaay too sensitive (I can go from silence to blasted out within 10-20px or so), plus I cant seem to check at what level I have set, would be great if on hover I could check the value at the given frame.

Ondra Mayer

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 5:49 pm

v 14.1.1

Cineform 16b RGB codec not working:
Win - can not render
Mac - can not render
Centos 7 - works only with watermark

Please advice if Win and Mac is dependent on license from gopro software (not supported any more)

Thanks, O.

roger.magnusson

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 10:42 pm

I can render CineForm RGB without issues on macOS and Windows with Resolve v14.1.1. What do you mean when you say it can not render?

CineForm is now implemented directly into Resolve so you don't have to install or license anything.

Ondra Mayer

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 4:20 pm

roger.magnusson wrote:I can render CineForm RGB without issues on macOS and Windows with Resolve v14.1.1. What do you mean when you say it can not render?

CineForm is now implemented directly into Resolve so you don't have to install or license anything.

Yes, I Can confirm that everything works. Except rendering directly to 1998x1080 (Crashes on Linux, 2048x1080 is supported).
Is FLAT supported at all in quicktime in linux?

Thanks very much, O.
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve