Decklink HD Extreme with Windows 7

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author
Lorraine

Decklink HD Extreme with Windows 7

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi,
I am trying to reinstall my blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 2 on windows 7 Service pack 1 professional.
I used the drivers version 9,6,5,0 and the system tells me that I need to upgrade the firmware. Each time I am trying to upgrade, it says that an error occured.
My system sees the card, but the device control is all greyed out in the control panel. Also, well, Premiere Pro cs6 sees the card but have no output at all, on the hdmi output. I also have tried out with the Black Magic media express, but does not work neither.
I need to know if an upgrade for the firmware of the card is available somewhere and which of the drivers would be the best to start of .

Thanks a lot.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Decklink HD Extreme with Windows 7

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Please try installing an earlier version of the driver. Several revisions if possible. See if that helps the firmware update.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Lorraine

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm

I have already tried several old versions, but nothing worked properly. Is there a file that I could download somewhere to make this card work correctly ? Strangely with xp pro I had no problems at all. Everything worked really fine.

simonwilson

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 5:43 am

Use the driver versions that are recent. Earlier versions may not work.
making your point

Return to Post Production