Keyframing Nodes

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

mlantern

Keyframing Nodes

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm

In Resolve Lite...when I import several clips the nodes appear and disappear with their appropriate clips...however, when I take one long clip and cut it into 8 or 9 shorter clips in the Conform Page the
nodes always apply to all of the clips...even when I insert Keyframes on each cut. What am I missing?
Thanks.
Bob

Hendro Setyo W

Re: Keyframing Nodes

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 am

Hi Mlantern,

may be try to right click on the clip at the color page and click on the "Batch Unlink". Because when you are cutting a clip on the conform page, it is still considered as the same clip. Hence the red color indication on the top of the clips on the color page. So whatever you grade or keyframe on a clip it will copy it to the rest of the clips (that has the red indication).

Hope that helps

Regards
Setyo
Hendro Setyo Wibowo
Digital Video Colorist
VHQ Post (M) Sdn Bhd

"Just give it a try, at least once. You'll never know until you try."

Warren Eagles

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 am

The best place to split a long clip is to use the Scene Cut detector.
Do not add anything into the Media Pool, right click on the clip you want to split and hit "Scene detector"
This brings up a new window, hit start and it will auto detect your cuts by showing you green vertical lines. You can add or remove these cuts at this stage. Then "Add to Media Pool" and you are away.
Warren Eagles
International Colorist Academy
www.icolorist.com
@warreneagles
www.vimeo.com/icolorist

lefty

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 am

Thanks for the explanation there. I don't even have a rig that will run Resolve so haven't got a chance to check it out. Bracing myself ahead of time for the media pool, scene detectors, batch unlinks. I come from FCP so it's all jello talk to me until I actually use it. Bookmarked.

Return to Post Production