A few questions... Resolve 9.0.3 OSX

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Michael Todd - scratchpostvfx

A few questions... Resolve 9.0.3 OSX

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 pm

:: Is there a way of linking the grades from one timeline to another . For example if I am grading a 1h feature, and then have to grade a 45m edit, without needing to making stills from every shot in the 1h, then applying those grades to the 45m ?

:: It seems to have changed from what I remember but on the Conform page, the video doesn't play unless I press the play button first .

:: When force conforming a shot to replace a piece of footage with another, the grade completely disappears meaning I need to grab a still from it, then replace the shot, then reapply the grade . - I have a lot of shots to replace so this is a pain . Any way around this ?

:: Doing a change source folder on this project seems to fail, Resolve sits doing something (according to the Activity monitor), but doesn't complete or wake up (I left it for 20 minutes)

:: I can get next to realtime playback performance in the Color page, but not in the Conform page, am I doing something wrong here ?
scratch/post
Independent Broadcast Designer, Visual Effects Artist and Colourist
www.scratchpost.is

Peter McAuley

Re: A few questions... Resolve 9.0.3 OSX

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 5:58 pm

I've never done it but there is Colour Trace. I believe it works between projects though not timelines.
Page 265 in the 9.0.3 manual

Return to Post Production