Official Resolve training material

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Steve Pierce

Official Resolve training material

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 8:18 am

Are there any plans to releases official training material for DaVinci Resolve? A book/DVD combo, perhaps in conjunction with Peachpit press? This is how I learned Apple Color and gained Apple certification. At present, I think I'm correct in saying that in the UK, the only way to learn and gain certification in DaVinci Resolve is via two courses at SohoEditors, each of which costs £800. A £40 book covering the same material would go some way towards increasing user adoption.

BTW I am very much looking forward to the new BMD Cinema Camera, which I pre-ordered the day it was announced.

Margus Voll

Re: Official Resolve training material

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 2:48 pm

just read manual and hurkmans book and you should be fine
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

AndreaVassalini

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 5:35 pm

I went in London from Italy last July to attend Da Vinci resolve Courses at Soho Editors. My trainer was Mr. Warren Eagles. I've read Hurkmans' book and I'm studying a Master Class with another Resolve Guru Mr. Patrick Inofher. I can say in all honesty and without any doubt that a week with men like Warren and Patrick will show you the light. :-)
After that you have the great chance to integrate your workflow with the manual and any book you'll find right for your job. Don't undervalue the human contact and experience. So...happy grading!
Andrea

Chris Hocking

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 am

Return to Post Production