Disk database renames Host?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

nikkib9

Disk database renames Host?

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 am

So, I'm just starting out in Resolve (9.0.2lite.015 ) from Color.. been exploring around, and ran in to some odd issues. I've decided to separate them into separate topics as they're all fairly independent... I think:

First: I'm working between two computers, the one at my work and the one at home. So I decided to set up with a Disk database set as follows: DIM_MASTER>CC No numbers; just listed as it. DIM_MASTER is where all my media is linked to.

When I start the app at work, it doesn't recognize my database. At all. If I try to create a new, differently named database, what happens when I click to select the host location, it lists the hard drive as DIM_MASTER 1 or DIM_MASTER 2.

Any ideas? I've tried restarting Resolve, restarting the computer... everything I could think of. Occasionally it works where I delete all my disk databases, restart the computer, and create a new one which somehow correctly points to DIM_MASTER>CC. I have no such problems at my home computer, and this has happened before I installed the app at home.

Specs: 10.7.4 tower; 2x 2.8 GHz Quad; 4GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT; G-Tech 4TB with more than 10% free

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Disk database renames Host?

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi, I'm not familiar with your issue but it looks like one of the characters you selected is no a valid file name character >.

From a basic standpoint, Resolves Disk database is designed for one computer. If you want to use the same project in another you should export the project from one and import in the other.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

nikkib9

Re: Disk database renames Host?

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 am

Sorry... > isn't part of the file name; I'm just trying to delineate the folder structure I have. I set the database to a folder called CC on the root level of my HDD DIM_MASTER.

Also, this happened on my work computer a while before I even installed Resolve at home, so it wasn't from going between setups.

Good to know about the database though, thanks! Seems like a pain if I'm going between the two a lot though.

Nikki

Return to Post Production