Bollywood Grade

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author
Blaine Russom

Bollywood Grade

PostWed Oct 29, 2014 1:00 pm

While working on a wedding, the bride asked me to use this song (obviously I can't) but the video was kind of interesting..

To you color grading pros.. is there anything that stands out to you about this grade aside form saturation? :lol:

by the way, I'm not mocking, trying to learn something

JPOwens

Re: Bollywood Grade

PostWed Oct 29, 2014 5:48 pm

No mocking at all.

There is one of these in every Bollywood movie ever made, and I know people who make them and now make wedding videos here.

What stands out is that there is really nothing remarkable about trying to attract attention to a "treatment", but how important it is to humanize all the performers with consistent flesh tones and how extremely important and deliberate the costuming and art direction was.

jPo

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostWed Oct 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Blaine Russom wrote:While working on a wedding, the bride asked me to use this song (obviously I can't) but the video was kind of interesting..

To you color grading pros.. is there anything that stands out to you about this grade aside form saturation? :lol:

by the way, I'm not mocking, trying to learn something

Art direction and costumes.....
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Blaine Russom

PostWed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 pm

I figured.. wasn't seeing any power windows or anything haha.. maybe the first scene.. the art direction and skintones are amazing yes! I like the hair lights as well.. all very well planned!

JPOwens, who are these guys working on weddings now? I would love to see their stuff if there is a reel or highlights trailer somewhere :)

JPOwens

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Blaine Russom wrote:who are these guys working on weddings now?

http://starvideophotography.com

Quite a back story, I participated in the production of a doc called "Home Movies" for Rogers-OMNI (Canada) which you might also be able to find if you rummage around on the Rogers online service. Gurinder's life journey is touched on in that piece.

http://www2.omnitv.ca/programming/lang_ ... php?id=145

jPo

Blaine Russom

PostFri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm

That's awesome man.. I'll definitely check it out. Really appreciate it!

I'm in Canada too, down in Toronto. :)

Return to Post Production